Sunday, April 13, 2008

Street Style,


... or how I learned to love the Swedes.

I love everything to ever come out of Sweden. Seriously. Refused, The Hives, Ikea... So many good things come from that little country. And Hel-Looks is no exception.

www.hel-looks.com


An amazing street fashion website. It doesn't update too often, usually once a week or so, but it's worth the wait, I promise you. It's nothing new on the fashion blog scene, but I think it's so often skipped over in favor of sites like The Sartorialist [which is another one of my favorites!], FaceHunter, and other sites because it's been around for so long. But I think it really showcases the European aesthetic in a really truthful way! They show every type of style, not just the one they deem fashionable. There's kids who are SO into Japanese street style, it's amazing. There is so much effort and research that goes into the styles they wear. And then there are the usual Euro kids who are always really innovative with shapes and color and proportion, which are my favorite. But there's always something new and amazing to see, and it's really inspiring. I recommend it to everyone who asks me about fashion blogs.

But anyways, here's some recent favorites:




So thanks for stopping by.

No comments: