Tuesday, June 03, 2008

thrift stores,

...or how I learned to love the bargain!

Simply put, thrift stores are my favorite places in the world. I don't mind scouring racks of terrible 90's stuff and Old Navy cast-offs in order to find a good, choice piece. I'm patient, and honestly, borderline annoying to go thrifting with. I have thrifting OCD. I HAVE to look at everything. I HAVE to look in each department [but especially women's and men's]. I HAVE to try on every pair of shoes [especially if they're boots] just in case. My friends have all given up on thrifting with me, because it usually ends in them being bored, and me still having hours to go. I have a loop that I drive in the towns surrounding me in order to hit all of the thrift stores I need to. It's actually kind of pathetic that I like to spend my days off shopping and searching through other people's trash to find new clothing, I suppose. But I think it's fun, so shut the fuck up, you asshole.

So the past two days I've worn shirts that I've thrifted, and I figured I would show them to you. My camera is being a fucking fuck, so the pictures are god awful. Apologies. I'm using my George Bush money to buy a new one ;)

I found this eagle shirt at the new Goodwill that opened in Brookline, MA. I was early for a tattoo appointment so I figured I would drop in, and lo and behold, in between all of the ridiculously expensive crappy things [seriously, Goodwill is so expensive now, it's ridiculous. It's like they forgot it was used clothing] I managed to snag this shirt and a sweet Metallica "Master of Puppets" shirt for the boy, since he loves them. It was awesome. Also, I can't tell you enough times how much I love my fucking Frye boots. UGH! [oh, and if you want to see the picture larger, just click it!]


This outfit looked so fucking cute, and for the life of me I couldn't get a good picture of it! So lame. But yeah, this blouse is on the shorter side, so I wore it with my highwaisted jeans [with the broken zipper, HOT!] so that my tum wouldn't hang out, since that would be disgusting. It's got a cute mandarin collar and the sleeves are too short, but I like them rolled up anyways. I wore this to work my second job and I was sweating to death, but that's ok because I looked cute. My wool J.Crew fisherman's hat probably lent itself to that warmth, though!

So that's it for now, I'm going to start being better about taking pictures of my outfits so i can have better stuff to blog about, so hopefully I fulfill this promise! ;)

So thanks for stopping by.

No comments: